Center for Sexual Healing and Wholeness
Many couples secretly struggle with sexual dysfunction, sexual addictions, sexual betrayal, and psychological issues that interfere with a healthy sex life. The Center for Sexual Healing and Wholeness at Advanced Psychotherapeutics is Virginia's only clinic that has a trained sex therapist. Dr. John Thomas is the clinical director of the center and is a nationally sought after speaker and therapist in the area of sexual healing and wholeness.
Dr. Thomas is a certified sex therapist (CST), certified sex addiction therapist (Candidate; CSAT), certified substance abuse counselor (CSAC), and licensed professional counselor (LPC).
The mission of The Center for Sexual Healing and Wholeness is to create a healing environment for sexual issues and sexual education based upon a biblical-worldview.
The Center for Sexual Healing and Wholeness (CCSHW) is passionately committed to be the premier comprehensive Christian sex therapy, sex addiction and partner therapy, and educator provider in Lynchburg and the surrounding area. Our services address sexual brokenness and disorders and promote a sexually healthy church. CCSHW’s charges itself to expand sexual knowledge, increase sexual awareness, minimize stigma, and promote sexually healthy individuals. Therapy and educational services are firmly rooted in a biblical worldview. CCSHW is dedicated to excellence in all services that are responsive to the needs of clients and churches.
- Sex is conceived in the mind and heart of God
- God created male and female as sexual beings
- Sex is linked to our identities
- Sex is God-ordained, holy, and designed to fulfill His purposes
- Through sexuality and sex, God communicates many of His attributes
- God boundaried sex to marriage because it is sacred and is too special to occur outside of covenantal commitment
- Sex is a gift from our Creator to consummate a marriage, produce offspring, and to give us pleasure
- Sex is intended to be 3-dimensional: body, soul, and spiritual
- Sexual desire is a godly desire
- Sexual understanding and practices that are estranged from God’s design will lead to brokenness and bondage
Whether past trauma and hurt is interfering with an ability to establish a healthy sex life with your spouse or some form of sexual addiction or dysfunction, the center for sexual healing and wholeness can address your concerns Call Dr. John Thomas, 434-616-2388.